(1)Set the targets in order to accomplish the activities under the dry zone greening objectives in accordance with the guidance of the Ministry of Natural Resources and Environmental Conservation and in line with the policies laid down by the State
(2) Manage, monitor and provide oversight to ensure compliance with and implement the policies, rules and regulations and instructions periodically issued by the Ministry of Natural Resources and Environmental Conservation
(3) Prepare departmental budget estimates and submit budget requisition, allocate budget received to the divisions under Headquarters as well as to the Region, District and Township Offices of DZGD and spend thereof as may be necessary in line with the financial regulations
(4) Issue standing orders and departmental insturctions concerning DZGD
(5) Define specific rights and responsibilities of the respective staffs, awarding and promoting the dutiful staffs properly, enquire the staffs who discharge their duties inefficiently or was found guilty of misconduct and take action thereof
(6) Prepare greening and development plans and projects for Central Dry Zone in accordance with the provisions provided in Forest Policy, Forest Law, Environmental Conservation Law and Forest Rules.